Getting injured sucks, and when it is due to negligence or intentional actions by a person or product, then you have a good chance to sue the other party and get your compensation. But dealing with all the procedures while you are trying to recover is too much. This is where a personal injury lawyer can solve all your problems!
A personal injury lawyer is someone who will handle all the paperwork, fillings and talk to parties on your behalf. They are also there to make sure you get your compensation whether through trials or settlements. From insurance companies to court settlements they handle it all for you. They are also experts on this topic and hence, know the laws that will help get the right outcome. They protect your legal rights and consult you on the best route ahead.
Let us look at what personal injury lawyers can do for you.
What personal injury lawyer handles on your behalf?
- Inquire and make Demands: First and foremost, they will ask for your record and base their case on your recollection of events. Next, they will file a request to the insurer of the liability part. If this leads to a settlement offer then your lawyer will review it and tell you how to respond.
- Investigate and Discover: Your lawyer will then investigate your case and collect as much evidence as possible. This will be used to file a legal complaint and present the facts. Once a complaint is served to the defendant, they may respond with an answer to the complaint. In the next stage, information is exchanged from both sides. And then the trial begins. There are a bunch of pre-trial notions which are also handled by your attorney.
- Contact your insurance Company: From discussing claims to reviewing applicable insurance policies, your injury lawyer will deal with the insurance company. They also send a notice to the company that you shouldn’t be bothered and contact them instead.
- Take care of Medical Reports, Bills, and Requests for Lost Income: Your attorney, on your behalf, also gets all the medical paperwork sorted. Additionally, in case you have been unable to go to work, they will also help you get that lost income after they have been through your contract.
Ensure that your personal injury lawyer has these qualities:
- They should be highly qualified and experienced:
- They have the right resources:
Ward Johnson Law Firm has a team of experienced and resourceful personal injury lawyers in Grand Forks, ND who are certified and licensed to represent clients in state, federal, and judicial courts.